Saturday, October 23, 2010

Feint

Still here, folks. Still living.

I haven't seen It since that night. Starting to think maybe It wasn't actually stalking me. Maybe less "you're next" and more "I know where you live, so stop learning." ...Yeah, and maybe flamingos will land on my house and start doing a can-can routine. Or maybe It wasn't there for me in the first place. Maybe It was there for my neighbor's daughter, and my coming out of the house when I did was unforeseen. Weirder and crazier things have happened, after all.

...Haven't been sleeping too good since then. Been leaving my bedroom door open to let in some light. Just a way to chase off monsters under the bed, I guess. Like when my sister and I were kids and we thought that the monsters wouldn't come out unless we stuck our feet out from under the blankets. ...You believe some crazy shit when you're little.

Let's hope tonight brings some good dreams.

1 comment:

  1. heh, I hated having a door open when I was little, in fact I lock my bedroom door. As for any nasty surprises, it never hurts to have an equalizer beside your bed. Not a firearm of course, but say...a wood baseball bat with a few choice symbols carved into it couldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete